Hey guys, here is a quick an easy recipe that you can make in youR oven or microwave in grill mode. It can be a part of your meal or a whole meal by itself. Super simple and really needs no constant attention like any other dish. If it is a sunny day outside and you are having a barbecue party this will also serve as a great option for your vegetarian friends. Lets jump right in.
- Garlic Powder
- Chilly Flakes
- Cajun Spice
- Dried Basil Leaves
- Olive Oil
- Preheat your oven at 475 degrees
- Slice the egg plant into equal round slices and plate them in a line.
- Sprinkle salt on either sides of the slices and leave it for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes use a tissue and gently press on top of the slices to absorb the water that comes out of the egg plant. This step is essential if you want your end product to be semi crispy else it will be good but not crispy.
- After step 3 line your baking tray with baking paper and place the sliced egg plants on them
- Brush one side of the egg plant slices with olive oil and sprinkle it with all the condiments mentioned like salt, chilly fakes, garlic powder, basil leaves and cajun spice.
- Repeat step 6 on the other side.
- Once this is done and the preheating stage is over place the tray into the oven and start your timer for 25 mins.
- During the final 10 mins flip the egg plant slices and let it cook.
- Remove and enjoy your dish.
Eggplants are great sources of vitamins, fiber and helps in strengthening your bones, aids in digestion and of course in weight loss. So if you have a high intensity work out waiting for you in the evening , then this makes a perfect meal minus the carbs and fat. Keeps you full and gets the job done.
Try it out and let me know? ❤